- Set oven to 400 degrees and plan on roasting for about 15-20 minutes. There are variations of this but I believe slow cooking is better quality and taste.
- Start off with a cup or so of green coffee beans and put them in a metal pan big enough they can rest in one layer on the bottom of the pan. Something like a cake pan will do. For toxin-free, do not use non-stick or teflon pans. Find stainless steel pans.
- Stir beans every 2 minutes for up to 20 minutes depending on desired color.
- Watch for desired color. Lighter beans will have more antioxidants and caffeine, whereas darker roasts will have less caffeine and less antioxidants.
- Cool beans off right away but do not put in fridge or freezer. I used two metal bowls, dumping them back and forth, blowing off the chaff. (Outside).
Obviously, there are better ways of roasting coffee that involve better roasters and methods, however if you just want better tasting, more nutritious coffee, this is a great way to start out. Please share these ideas with others so we start building healthier communities with healthier minds.